Craving something sweet? I have a delicious strawberry pie recipe prepared for you! This one contains just a few ingredients and is incredibly easy to make. Ready?
A pie that serves 4-5 sweet tooths having a pot of tea
You will need:
3 cups of oat flour
120g of unsalted butter
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
a pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
a glass of homemade strawberry jam
OR if you don’t have strawberry jam, you can make it right now
For homemade strawberry jam you will need:
2 glasses of strawberries
1/3 glass of sugar
Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Firstly, preheat the oven, set it to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Then, let’s make the base. Heat a pot on low heat and melt butter together with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- In a bowl with a fork mix oat flour together with the melted butter and sugar, add a pinch of salt and the vanilla sugar. Let the flour absorb the butter and mix while you’ll have a bowl of bubbly flour formations.
- Set aside a half cup of the flour mixture for the topping.
- Add the other part of the flour mixture to the pie dish and press it gently with a fork to make it even.
- Pop the base in the oven and bake it for 10 minutes.
- Now, if you’re using strawberry jam, simply wait out those ten minutes. And if you don’t have it, it’s time to make it. Smash the strawberries in a bowl or a cup with a fork and add sugar. I suggest you keep strawberries rather larger than smash them very well. This way you’ll have a higher strawberries layer on the pie, and thus, tastier. Pour the strawberries and sugar mixture into a pot on a medium heat and wait for them to boil. The moment it starts boiling, turn of the heat.
- Now that 10 minutes have passed, get the pie base out of the oven and cover it with the strawberry jam.
- Sprinkle the top of the pie with the flour mixture you’ve set aside earlier.
- Put the pie back in the oven and set the timer for 35-45 minutes.
- Once the pie is baked, get it out of the oven and let it rest in a cool spot for a few minutes before digging into it.