One of our favorite breakfast meals is oats. I know it’s either a love or hate relationship with them for most people but we definitely belong to the love side.
For 2 people
Prepare time: 20 min
140 g oat flakes
500 ml milk
100 ml water
30 g butter
0,5 tsp cinnamon
0,1 tsp ginger
3 tbsp sugar
1 handful of almonds
- Bring oat flakes, milk, and water to a pot. Put them on medium heat until boiling starts. Once it’s boiling – reduce heat to minimum and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Stir every few minutes.
- Peel the apple and cut it into little cubes.
- Heat a pan and melt butter in it. Add apple cubes and fry them on a high heat for a minute.
- Reduce the heat to lower medium. Add ginger and sugar. Fry for a 5 minutes stirring regularly until the sugar melts and covers the apples evenly.
- Add almonds to the same pan and fry for 3 more minutes while stirring. Then turn of the heat and let it be.
- Once the oats are done, put them in bowls and cover with caramelised apples and almonds.